When you’re building a custom or luxury home, its resale value may not be the first thing on your mind. However, this is something you should keep in mind as you work with a luxury home builder for your custom home construction. As your local home construction company in Brevard, NC, Holbrook & Nichols Construction wants you to consider these top features that will make your home irresistible to buyers:
- Design an “open” house – Buyers love the concept of entertainment rooms, kitchens, and dining areas that flow together rather than be separated by walls. Talk to us about helping you design a home with an open floorplan so you can create inviting and comfortable spaces.
- Include multiple state-of-the-art bathrooms – Buyers want multiple bathrooms that have the latest fixtures and features. If you are thinking about cutting the number of bathrooms – don’t. The more bathrooms you have, the better.
- Invest in a modern kitchen – Buyers are looking for homes with designer kitchens. From the appliances to the fixtures to the cabinets, buyers will put a lot of attention here and consider this room the most before making a purchase. Go with a kitchen that’s modern and designed for easy movement. You’ll love it now and potential buyers will love it in the future.
- Consider an exposed laundry room – Buyers want laundry rooms that are easily accessible with lots of storage space. Convenience is key with a laundry room. Placing an exposed laundry room on the first floor can increase the interest in your home.
- Say goodbye to carpets – Today’s homeowners prefer hardwood floors and tile in their homes. If you’re considering carpet in your luxury home, it might be a good idea to choose a different type of flooring instead.
Are any of these features on your must-have list for a custom home? Call Holbrook & Nichols Construction to talk with our staff today. As Brevard, NC’s local home construction company, we’ll build a home that’s built to last – and sell. Choose us when you need a luxury home builder in Brevard, Lake Toxaway, Pisgah Forest, and Western North Carolina.